Are you struggling to use the power of Twitter for your website? A big percentage of my blog traffic comes from Twitter. It’s a powerful social media platform, where you can easily build a following and interact with anyone in the blogosphere.
Here are my tips for driving traffic to your blog with Twitter:
* Create a Twitter Profile that supports your niche- you need to incorporate your brand/logo into your Twitter background or image;
* Use short tweets (under 100 characters) – call-to-action tweets are really provocative if you ask me! You don’t have to tweet the exact article title, you can include quotes. A good/ interesting headline is the key of success on Twitter;
* Keep your links nice, use link shortener, I’m using -> Bit.ly
* User @mentions – An @mention is when you insert a person name in a Tweet. This is a good way to thank the retweets to your blog readers. Or if you are tweeting other bloggers articles let them know by using their Twitter handle, people love seeing themselves mentioned in tweets;
* Ask your followers for retweet to link back to your blog posts – for example ‘Please RT’ – here is an example.
* Use good quality images! Great visuals are more shareable – this means more retweets, favorites, mentioning and sharing;
* Include a Blog link in your bio. – your Profile is what your visitors see when they visit your page, the about and contact sections are clickable, no excuses!;
* You can post content multiple times as updates are unfortunately often missed;
* Twitter is a great platform to refresh your old content! It’s easy -> tweet out old posts from your blog. There is only one thing to keep in mind when doing this, your post content most be relevant today as they were when they were first published. You can use the Revive Old Post plugin, this helps you to keep your old posts alive by sharing them, it also helps you to promote your content. You can set time and the number of posts to share to drive more traffic.
* Use Crowdfireapp – it’s a great app at finding inactive users and your unfollowers -> pay close attention to results;
* Be active! Respond to comments or messages, interact and engage, otherwise at the end you might end up losing your followers! You need the kind of followers that are interested in your niche, basically the best way to gain such followers is to FOLLOW those kind of people.