Vitamin C is a very popular ingredient in skin care products because it is a free-radical fighter and helps produce collagen naturally. Vitamin C is also one of the most effective ingredients to combat and prevent signs of aging thanks to its ability to stimulate collagen production in a serious way.
As you may already know Vitamin C Serums are really expensive and I just cannot afford this often, therefore I though I should try making my own serum, it’s much cheaper this way and I will like it’s even fresher.
What you will need in order to prepare your own Vitamin C Serum…
* A dark colored glass bottle. I purchased mine from Ebay, but you can use an old serum bottle.
* 4 1/4 t. distilled water
* Vitamin C powder (L ascorbic powder). You can find this at your local health food store or amazon.
* %100 pure vegetable glycerin, but you don’t need to use this if you don’t want to, it’s enough to use water and vitamin C powder.
What to do next…
* In a bowl mix4 1/4 t. distilled water with1/4 t. tsp of Vitamin C powder.
* Crush the crystals up until they are completely dissolved
* now add 1/2 t. vegetable glycerin
* Carefully pour your serum into your glass bottle.
* Apply 3-4 drops onto freshly cleansed skin and gently massage in until fully absorbed, I use this twice a day.
Please note this is a 5% formula, latter on you can add more powder.
Also, after I cleaned my face and applied the serum I am using my moisturizer, it is important not to use the moisturizer first.
Also, I keep my vitamin c serum refrigerated and use up within a week at the most. After one week definitely trow it out and make a new vitamin c serum.